Movie Monday: He’s Just Not That Into You
Posted by Rosepixie on November 16, 2009
This is a trailer for the recent movie He’s Just Not That Into You and was found on YouTube.
So here’s what I learned from this trailer:
1. The women are all insecure and operating on social principles learned in preschool (?) in the hopes of getting married, and appear to not even have considered the idea that not being married is a valid status for a meaningful relationship. They’re pretty much all neurotic and need men to find value in themselves.
2. The men are also somewhat neurotic, but less so, and mostly find the women baffling.
3. Nobody is genuine, ever. They’re all too busy overthinking everything to be able to honestly interact with each other.
4. And since women are apparently crazy and obsessed with marriage while men are clueless and unable to follow the clues the women give (which, admittedly, kinda suck), everybody’s confused and unhappy.
5. And the bonus lesson: Technology is bad and has made human interactions messier and more painful.
Conclusion: this movie is clearly more understanding to the guy mentality (even though the title would suggest that it’s going to be the opposite) and generally thinks everyone is crazy.
Of course, this is a movie based on a nonfiction self-help book, so of course everyone’s crazy. If they weren’t, they wouldn’t need self-help books! But the ad really didn’t make me care much about anyone involved, it pretty much just made me go “ya’ll are crazy” and I felt perfectly happy to go on my way without ever having any inclination to watch the movie. And this is coming from someone who generally enjoys romantic comedies.